Acadymix.com Privacy and Tracking Policy
What information about customers do we gather?
We may collect account usernames and passwords. We may also collect your contact information. This might include name and postal address. We may also collect e-mail address and/or telephone number.
If you make a purchase through our website, applications, or our vendors we may collect purchase information. This includes credit card information and billing address. It also includes shipping information.
We may also collect your date of birth, age, or gender. We may also collect information about your online and browsing behaviors, or your hobbies and interests. We may also collect information about your household or style preferences. And we may also collect information about geographic location, like zip code, city and state, mobile location).
We may also collect or keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to. We do this, among other things, to: (i) troubleshoot technical concerns; (ii) maintain website safety and security; (iii) restrict access to our website to certain users, and (iv) better understand how our website is utilized. An IP address is a number used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. We may also collect information about your computer or device, including your computer's IP address, operating system type, your phone's unique device ID, and other similar mobile device data web browser type.
We, or a third party on our behalf, may also collect information in the form of logs, files that record website activity and gather statistics about web users' browsing habits. These entries are generated anonymously and help us gather, among other things: (i) a user's browser type and operating system; (ii) information about a user's session (such as the URL they came from, the date and time they visited our website, and which pages they have viewed on our site and for how long); and (iii) other similar navigational data. We may also use information captured in log files for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve and customize the online services we provide you. Log files are used internally only and are not associated with any particular user.
How do we collect information?
By you voluntarily submitting information
We will collect information when you voluntarily provide it to us. You might do this through one of the online forms available on this website or on our applications. These are most commonly encountered when:
- purchasing products or services from this website;
- registering or signing up for membership on this website;
- posting comments on message boards and other interactive discussion forms;
- responding to surveys;
- participating in sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions;
- registering for newsletters or other communications from us;
- interacting with us on social media platforms; or
- any other interaction that requires the submission of personal information.Through tracking technologies Cookies Web Beacons From third parties or other sources We may also get information from other consumers. For example, we may offer e-cards or tell-a-friend features. We may combine information we get from one source with other information we may have about you. This might include combining information you submit online with information you submit offline. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information you gave us. For the purpose collected To respond to inquiries To send communications and for marketing purposes From time to time, we may be approached by reputable third party companies and organizations that provide products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. To extend these products or services to you, we may use your personally identifiable information to send out notices on their behalf. We see this as a value-added service helping you find useful products or services. For other legitimate business purposesWe may also use your information as permitted by law or in the manner communicated to you.The information that you disclose on this website is collected by Acadymix.com or by a vendor acting on its behalf; and is used in accordance with the practices set forth above. The following provides more specific information about how and to whom we may disclose your information.We may use third parties/vendors to provide support for our internal operations. These vendors may collect information on our behalf. We may also share information with them. We might do this for fulfilling orders, delivering packages, or sending postal mail and e-mail. We might also do it to remove repetitive information from customer lists or analyze data. They might also provide marketing assistance, process credit card payment or provide customer service. From time to time, we may run a joint or co-sponsored program or promotion on our websites with another company, organization, affiliate or other reputable third party; and, as part of this event, collect and process personally identifiable information. We may share your personal information with that third party and we may provide a separate link to that company's website. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with that company you can choose not to participate in these events at the time the information is collected/requested. Those third parties will use your information as described in their privacy policies. We encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies and other conditions of use. We may share your information if you win a sweepstakes or contest as part of a winner's list. We may also publish this winner's list publicly.We may also disclose personally identifiable information if we are required to do so by law, or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes, to respond to any claims, or to protect the safety or rights of Acadymix.com, its customers, or the public.We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you. Acadymix.com takes commercially reasonable effects to protect the confidentiality and security of the personal information collected from our website visitors. These efforts may include, but are not necessarily limited to: (i) storing your personal information in secure operating environments; (ii) using industry standard methods to protect the security of certain sensitive personal information (such as credit card information) during transmission to our websites; and (iii) verifying the identities of registered website users before they can access the personal information we maintain about them.What choices do I have?
- The following outlines the choices you have with respect to the collection and use of your personal information by Acadymix.com
- If you use this site to access your online account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
- What safeguards do we use to protect your personal information?
- As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, personally identifiable information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event of a merger or acquisition of all or part of Acadymix.com by another company, or in the event that Acadymix.com were to sell or dispose of all or a part of the its business, the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by that business, which could include personally identifiable information, subject to applicable law. Similarly, personally identifiable information may be transferred as part of a corporate reorganization, insolvency proceeding, or other similar event, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law.
- Legal and Business Transfers
- Partners and Joint Promotions
- Agents and Contractors
- Who is collecting your information and is it shared with anyone?
- We may also use your information for other general business purposes, such as to maintain the day-to-day operation and security of our websites and applications and to conduct internal marketing and demographic studies.
- We may also use your personal and/or demographic information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve, personalize, and customize the products and services we provide you and to better meet your needs. This may include occasionally combining, updating, or otherwise enhancing the personally identifiable information collected through this website with data we receive from outside records or third parties. We may also use your information to improve our websites and applications.
- We may use your information to provide you with marketing or other information about our products and services. We will also use your information to send you transactional communications. This includes information about your account or relationship with us.
- Similarly, we may use your information to respond to your requests or inquiries, For example, if you contact us via an online contact form, your information may be used to respond to your inquiry or comment. If you make an online purchase, we will use your credit card information to fulfill and process your purchases.
- How do we use the information we collect?
- Combining Information
- We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may hire a third party data aggregator to provide us additional information about our existing consumers (this is known as "data appending"). We may also receive information from third parties, such as co-sponsors who we may occasionally partner with to run special contests or other promotions. We may also collect or obtain information from social media platforms. We may also collect information through the use of third party tracking services (such as Google Analytics) such as number of visits to a particular page, or the amount of time spent on a web site. We may also receive information about consumers when we acquire part or all of other companies.
- We may use web beacons (or clear GIFs) on our website or include them in e-mail messages we send you. Web beacons (also known as "web bugs") are small strings of programming code that provide a method of delivering a graphic image on a web page or e-mail message for the purposes of transferring data back to us. Web beacons may be used to allow us, or our advertising delivery partners, to communicate with cookies stored on your computer. The information collected via web beacons may also include some of the information described in the Computer and Device Technical Information section above, as well as information about how a user responds to an e-mail campaign (such as, the time the e-mail is opened, where does the user link to from the e-mail, etc.). We use web beacon information for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to, site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising and e-mail auditing and reporting, and content personalization.
- A browser cookie is a small file that websites often store on a user's computer. Storage of cookies on your system provides an easy and convenient way for us to personalize or enhance your experience on our website and to make your next visit more enjoyable. For example, cookies may allow us to remember the content you previously viewed on our website or your log-in information. Cookies may also be used to remember items you have previously placed in your shopping cart when making purchases. We may link information contained in a cookie to personally identifiable information collected from you by other means (e.g., website registration). For more about how to control cookies see here.
- We collect information through common tracking technologies. These include browser and flash cookies. We may also use web beacons or similar technologies. More information about these technologies and how we use them is below.
- We may also collect information you provide us in content that you submit. This might be content you post on our website or applications.
- You can choose not to voluntarily share information with us. However, if you choose this option, you will be limited in the activities and features we can provide you.
- You can opt out of marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any marketing email you receive from us. If you opt-out of marketing emails, we will still send you transactional emails. These include messages about your orders or your account. They also include other emails about your relationship with us.
- You can always review or update any personal information that we may have collected about you for our general website registration by visiting the appropriate update profile sections of the website.
- You can control tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notifications on your phone.
- Please note that "flash" cookies are different from "browser" cookies because of the way in which flash cookies capture and store data. Your browser's cookie management tools will not remove flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here:
- Our websites and applications may provide links to, or features from, other third party sites (such as independent e-commerce sites and third party social networks). If you link to or use such third party sites or features, you do so at your own risk. We do not control and are not responsible for the content or practices of any third party site, application, or feature.
- This website is a general audience website. We do not sell products for purchase by children or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should always get their parent's or guardian's consent before providing information to anyone via the Internet. If you are under the age of 13, you should not register or provide any information on our Web site. We do not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use this site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.